Subject: RE: How up to date is the feature requests page?

RE: How up to date is the feature requests page?

From: Jeff N <jeffn_at_zombieworld.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:39:53 -0400

Perhaps this could be solved through a bit of mp3 organization rather than a rockbox patch.
I used to name my mp3s like so: Artist - Album - Track Number - Title.mp3
Which of course resulted in some very long filenames that were very difficult to view on the Archos screen.

Now I switch to using lots of folders, like this:
Genre>Artist>Album>

So my mp3s now have just the track number and the song title in them, which is much more archos-friendly. It made things a lot more easier.

Not the most elegant solution, but it is one way to get around this problem...

I listen to a lot of audio books and old time radio shows. Sometimes
the first 20-30 characters of the mp3 name are the same. I would love
to be able to display the file name starting from where the characters
differ, filtering out the letters that are the same.

Jeff