Subject: Re: Rockbox as quick fuel calculator :-)
From: Brian Wolven (brian.wolven_at_verizon.net)
Date: 2004-09-25

Marc Tricou wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> What do you think about a little plugin, that can calculate fuel consumption
> of the car very quickly? Unfortunately I'm not confident with programming
> for the JB, but perhaps someone finds this idea also nice?
> You're standing at the fuel station, just filled the tank. You take your jb,
> just enter the litres and the kilometres (showing on your tacho) and blub -
> rockbox gives the average fuel consumption (ltr/100km). It remembers the
> last litres and km values, so the next time you just have to adjust the
> values, not re-enter from zero, to make it even faster.

Litres? Kilometers? Shouldn't that be gallons and miles? =P

I usually do this with my bone-encrusted fleshy neural net, but it would
be a fun little plugin to write - for somebody else. If it could save
the date and parameters of each entry in a log, and then show a bar
chart of fuel consumption versus time, it'd be even nicer. Maybe you
could tell when it was time for that next tune-up...