Subject: Re: Rockbox as quick fuel calculator :-)
From: Marc Tricou (MarcTricou_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-09-27

Hey,

Your guys really make me happy! Wrote this idea here yesterday and first
code snippets fly around today. Wow! :)
Antoine, your're right, a good analysis of fuel optimized driving is not
possible this way, but still you get a good sensibility this way. I
calculated my consumption every time at the filling station with an old
paper thing, and it was very interesting, how long distance driving, jam or
whatever affects the fuel rate.
but this paper thing is broken and so i had this rockbox idea.

But perhaps, now i have another idea. Why is fuel / kilometres so
interesting? Because, fuel costs money. So if one could even enter the
price for a litre/gallon you get the price of 100 km. That's i think the
most interesting quotient - the final value of fuel optimizatiojn, what do
you think?

man, i'm happy, that this plugin now exists! :)

Thank you, Lee!

Regards from Hamburg,
Marc

--
www.dj-quarc.de
The intuitive MP3 organization for Winamp