Subject: Re: Customisng the Boot/Load screen.
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-09-28

Joel Wiramu Pauling wrote:
> Hopefully this is relatively easy, I want to change the boot logo to my
> own because I'm giving it as a present to my partner. Can I just change
> the BMP file in the sources to one of my own, given the bmp seems to
> have cvs version numbers added to the bottom (64-37) pixels.
> Will replacing the bmp with a full 64 pixel high bmp screw things up?

The current logo is only 37 pixels high, and is located in apps/recorder/icons.c

If you replace it with a 64-pixel logo, the bottom part will be overwritten by the version number/date, so if you want a fullscreen logo you need to remove that from apps/main_menu.c.

> Alternatively it would be nice to be able to set the boot logo from
> within rockbox itself with any viewable jpg/bmp

Since we show the logo while initiating various hardware, including the harddisk, we cannot load it from disk.

--
Björn