Subject: Re: Customisng the Boot/Load screen.

Re: Customisng the Boot/Load screen.

From: Joel Wiramu Pauling <aenertia_at_aenertia.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:59:59 +1200

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 09:07 +0200, Björn Stenberg wrote:
> Joel Wiramu Pauling wrote:
> > Hopefully this is relatively easy, I want to change the boot logo to my
> > own because I'm giving it as a present to my partner. Can I just change
> > the BMP file in the sources to one of my own, given the bmp seems to
> > have cvs version numbers added to the bottom (64-37) pixels.
> > Will replacing the bmp with a full 64 pixel high bmp screw things up?
>
> The current logo is only 37 pixels high, and is located in apps/recorder/icons.c
>
> If you replace it with a 64-pixel logo, the bottom part will be overwritten by the version number/date, so if you want a fullscreen logo you need to remove that from apps/main_menu.c.
>
> > Alternatively it would be nice to be able to set the boot logo from
> > within rockbox itself with any viewable jpg/bmp
>
> Since we show the logo while initiating various hardware, including the harddisk, we cannot load it from disk.

I figure this... but what about allowing a logo to be flashed to a
current rockbox image? Or would this be too difficult (i'm guessing when
we write to flash memory locations there is no easy way to find out
which of those locations contain the logo? Or can we say reserve a
portion of the flash memory just for the logo.... if this is the case
then this is trival... as long as the logo does not excede a memory
limit.