Subject: Re: Customisng the Boot/Load screen.
From: karl 'the_angry_angel' southern (
Date: 2004-09-29

>I figure this... but what about allowing a logo to be flashed to a
>current rockbox image? Or would this be too difficult (i'm guessing when
>we write to flash memory locations there is no easy way to find out
>which of those locations contain the logo? Or can we say reserve a
>portion of the flash memory just for the logo.... if this is the case
>then this is trival... as long as the logo does not excede a memory
To be honest, I think would be too much of a memory hog to
realisitically fit in the flash, along with bootloader, rockbox and/or
the original firmware. Feel free to correct me if im wrong though...

Your alternative is to alter the code so that it displays a specified
bmp or jpg after the hd has been initiated.

Is it really worth it though?

Karl 'the_angry_angel' Southern