Subject: Re: rockbox voices
From: Marc Tricou (MarcTricou_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-09-29

Hi,

i have also a suggestion for the voices. I'm using my box mostly in my car.
So during driving this feature is extreme helpful. But the voices pronounce
every character as it is spoken in the alphabet (a = "ey", b = "bee" etc.) ,
not like it es sounding when spoken. Britney sounds like "bee, arr, ai, tee,
en, ih, why".
During driving i can't contentrate on understanding this. How about a voice
file that really speaks the characters? "bh, rr, i, t, nn, eeh, ih". Ok,
some characters have to be a thing between their different appearances (c=
"see" or "kh") but i think even then it's much more understandable, what do
you think?
If I have time in two months i will perhaps work me into producing such a
voice file...

bye,
Marc