Subject: Re: super bass
From: Michael T. Kupietz, wearing a pointy hat (
Date: 2004-09-30

Beg to differ - it depends on the "Loudness" setting - as I understand it
shifts the center of the EQ curve from 1kHz to 2kHz. I keep my Loudness at
3db, and the Super Bass gives a nice punch to the low end. With the
loudness any higher, it seems to overpower the mids too much.

My subjective impression is that Super Bass mostly effects the high
bass-low mid rage. MDB can fill out the very bottom (beautifully!) but
Super Bass gives that base-of-the-skull punch, plus it makes the Loudness'
treble end less prominent - a good thing, to my ears.

At 10:06 PM -0400 9/29/04, Ezra wrote:
>I have noticed that the super bass function does not do anything. Why is
>it still here if we just use mdb to control bass response?
>~ _/) ~~
>navigare necesse est. (to sail is necessary)
> -Plutarch, 86 A.D.

I thought of a new, funny sig but now I can't remember it.