Subject: Re: Generating .directory files under Linux
From: Daniel Gudlat (gudlat_at_web.de)
Date: 2004-10-01

Joseph Jones wrote:
> Has anyone thought of making a script for generating .directory files
> under Linux using Flite? I've been looking into it, but my bash skills
> aren't quite up to it. This would be particularly useful for me, since
> I succeeded in breaking my screen a month or so ago and don't
> currently have the funds to replace it.

I have already done such a thing. It is available through the patch
tracker as "[931905] new version of mp3ClipGen.sh for Linux" and uses
festival under linux to generate the directory voice clips.

It's not updated to the most recent naming conventions (_dirname.talk
instead of .dirname.vbx), but seeing as my efforts where met with
resounding silence at the time, I didn't see the need.

This should at least get you going, even with minimal bash scripting
skills.

Greetings,
Daniel Gudlat