Subject: RE: Ondio question
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-10-01

> Jörg,
>
> Thank you for your reply, it's a bit disappointing that the two cannot be
> used at the same time, but not too bad *IF* it is possible to still swap
> MMC
> cards as required (i.e. treat it like a *very* small CD MP3 player) - I
> assume you switch off the player to swap cards?

I think you can even hot-swap them, the file system gets remounted. Of
course this is not adviseable while writing. Rockbox has to learn that...

> I have just purchased a 1GB SD card for my PDA, but the largest MMC I have
> seen is only 512 - Does anyone know of a 1GB MMC card?

Yes, such are available for around $100. 2GB are announced. Jens says the
command set only allows for 4 GB, because they use 32 bit adressing of
bytes.

Jörg

--
+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl