Subject: Re: UI and Menu structure rewrite for custom Rockbox - any pointers?
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-10-06

Christian Marg wrote:
> And while I am at it, I thought that perhaps I would
> find a more convinient Menu structure - and use of keys.

If you have ideas for generic improvements, please share them with the list. Good UI design is hard, and we do not pretend we have the ultimate model nailed down.

> Anyways: I took some looks at the source but didn't exactly find where
> I'd have to butcher around to get to my goals, so: Are there any Pointers?

The mp3 files are loaded by firmware/mpeg.c, specifically new_file(). It currently works as you guessed: It will not let you skip back over a missing file. A patch is welcome.

--
Björn