Subject: RE: recover lost recording file
From: devtrick (
Date: 2004-10-07

 --- "VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE)"
<> wrote:

> BE VERY CAREFUL of what you do with the unit before
> you have recovered the file. DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING

Ok - excerpt scandisk (shame on me) nothing will be
changed till i recovered these clusters.
> The problem is that Rockbox did not close the file.
> It is all there on the disk (except perhaps a couple
> of seconds at the end that were in RAM and not
> flushed to disk) and will normally be stored
> contiguously... that is very helpful because you
> won't have to go through the FAT information.

That's the information i was hoping for!

> The cluster after the _last properly
> closed_ file will likely be the first cluster of the
> file you want to recover.

And here's a problem - the next cluster after my "test
recording" 15 minutes before the interview-file is not
the right one (maybe to less coherent free clusters?).
so how do i find the beginning of THE record - cluster
search want's a search string or something...

> I used the Cluster Search
> to find the directory entry of the unclosed file
> which then told me what the first used cluster was.

How? I don't know the name of the file!

> Suggestion: Do a practice run on a properly closed
> file first. The previous file (last properly closed
> file) is a good one to practice on.

That worked fine for me. there's still hope and if
nothing helps i will copy all the clusters to my
desktop and hear them thru manually. I really really
thank you so far!

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 100MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: