Subject: Re: recover lost recording file
From: devtrick (
Date: 2004-10-08

 --- Ronald Teune <> wrote:
> If you decide to copy all of the empty clusters to
> your disk, try using
> mp3directcut to listen and truncate the file. I
> think a program like that
> makes the task to recover the music a lot easier.

Good hint - thanks! Ist's no fun to edit a 5gb mp3
file with an audio-editor ;-)
Never thought that i would be lucky not to have an
80gb upgrade!

> Also, if I'm right, the rockbox recordings all have
> the exact same 5,49 kb
> at the beginning of the file; the mpeg header.

With the "directory snoop" program i found a
hexadecimal "ID3" String at the beginning of the
Records - the same as in several empty clusters. Maybe
one of them ist the start of my interview.

I thank you all for fast and useful help. I will
report here if and how i found something.

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail:
 Noch schneller mailen? Yahoo! Messenger: