Subject: Re[2]: recover lost recording file
From: uwe.freese_at_gmx.de
Date: 2004-10-08

Hello Linus,

devtrick wrote on Thursday, October 7, 2004, 3:15:48 PM:

d> got a huge problem. for my diploma i actualy did some
d> interviews and recorded them on my ajb recorder v1.
d> but today i was a bit fast and pressed the stop/off
d> button too long. the unit was shuting down instantly
d> and now there's no record file.

If Rockbox closes the file each time it writes the buffer into the
file while recording, how much slower would that be? As far as I
understand it, this problem with a lost recording wouldn't be possible
anymore then. So how about changing this behaviour, or, if it's slower
(more hdd uptime), add an option for that.

Bye, Uwe.