Subject: Re: recover lost recording file
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-10-08

uwe.freese_at_gmx.de wrote:

> If Rockbox closes the file each time it writes the buffer into the
> file while recording, how much slower would that be? As far as I
> understand it, this problem with a lost recording wouldn't be possible
> anymore then. So how about changing this behaviour, or, if it's slower
> (more hdd uptime), add an option for that.

We did that back in 2003, but we replaced that with the fsync() function
instead, which does the same thing. Unless there is a bug in fsync(),
the recorded file should be up-to-date on disk at all times (except for
the RAM buffer contents of course).

I can't really understand why the file disappeared in this particular case.

Linus