Subject: RE: recover lost recording file
From: VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) (Gerald.VanBaren_at_smiths-aerospace.com)
Date: 2004-10-08

The file doesn't disappear, it wasn't closed so, to the FAT file system, it apparently never existed. It apparently is in a different state than "deleted." There are many "undelete" tools that know how to recover deleted files, but I haven't found a tool to recover a file that wasn't closed. Note that I haven't looked very hard.

You can duplicate this at will by recording for long enough to write data to the disk and then holding the "off" button until the AJR turns off.

In my case, I've successfully recovered the Rockbox-recorded data from at least two files that were not closed properly. However I have not needed to since the "double click to turn off" improvement (<stand>clap clap clap</stand>).

gvb

The following messages are brought to you by the Lawyers' League of IdioSpeak:

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.