Subject: FM/Recorder Noise WhenRecording Using Line In Jack.
From: Dj paddy (dj.paddy_at_ntlworld.com)
Date: 2004-10-09

Hi guys.

I've got myself a very cool set of in ear binorrel microphones and a pre-amp because the signal from the line in port on the archos needs to be boosted for good audio levels.

However, just like when using the built in mic my recordings are picking up the noise from the unit as it buffers? During the recording process. Is there a way of stopping this using rockbox as it currently is, or at least minimising this?

A good friend has the Recorder version 1 and I've heard some of his recordings using the same mic's and pre-amp as me and have never heard this buffering? feedback.

I haven't spoken to him yet as he's currently not online to see if he had to do something to stop this.

Has anyone any theories on this behaviour?

I originally had a recorder v1 but the retailer sent me a dodgy charger which fired my unit with 14volts instead of 9, (I'm in the UK), and it fryed the units circuit board. So they shipped me this unit. Which I must say is much more attractive looking not to mention feels slightly lighter in weight?

Now it could be that the recorder fm because the headphone out and line ins are so close together this is why my recordings are picking up on the buffering? But I'm grasping at straws there.

Any help/suggestions on this would be very warmly recieved.
Yours
Barry

The pillars of any good relationship I believe are, Honesty, Trust, and Communication.