Subject: Re: UI and Menu structure rewrite for custom Rockbox - any pointers?
From: Christian Marg (
Date: 2004-10-10

Christian Marg wrote:

> Björn Stenberg wrote:
>>The mp3 files are loaded by firmware/mpeg.c, specifically new_file().
>>It currently works as you guessed: It will not let you skip back over
>>a missing file. A patch is welcome.
> Since I don't have a programming environment I didn't test this, but as
> mpeg.c, line 1269 uses a "new_file(-1)" to load the
> previous file, the patch would be quite easy:

Well, now that I did everything according the Documentation (I even
built my own Rockbox with my patch in it ;) ) I created a patch. Now I
wonder: I just have added about 10 Lines of code. Is it normal for a
patch of this size to have 27K filesize and Lots of unchanged code in
it? I tried reducing it, but then I could no longer apply the patch...

Of course I can submit a 27K Patchfile for a Patch that changes 10
Lines, but I'd rather not...