Subject: RE: Dumped by Christi! Help!! even the MP3 player won't talk to me.
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-10-11

> Oh Jorg, (sorry can't do the umlaut),

Then it spells Joerg. ;-)

> how about defaulting file
> voicing to "on", then you'd know, as soon as you boot, whether your
> box was speaking. This would be helpful if (like I was) you were
> trying to install without sight.

The menu voice is on by default, but not the file voice. In what form should
I thought it's important to have talking menus right away when the voice
file is in place. For the standard installation, there is no voice file, so
not bugging "regular" users.
When the menus don't talk, you have no file for your language, or it is
disabled. For the first, a file voice spelling default won't help you

> What do the other blinkies feel? I
> know I, and others, have done it before, but I really could have used
> the 5 hours or so more profitably yesterday!.

Oh sorry. I'm missing how to improve that, besides the "safe mode" button.

+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: