Subject: Re: HDs for jukebox studio 20 was: Re: replacing the HD in a recorder V1
From: karl 'the_angry_angel' southern (
Date: 2004-10-12

Thanks Manual (sorry ive taken so long, just reading through a backlog
of emails and work), I've added what information I can find to the list
(my resource is google btw ;)), along with your HD :)

I suppose in theory any HD can be used, provided that it physically fits
both connectors and spacing within the archos.....anyone got any
thoughts on that comment? or am I making crap up again?

Btw if anyone is interested in this list, or has one that they want to
add then I may make this a resource where anyone can add their
information - wiki-style....thoughts?

>This reply is offside the list.
>Hi Karl,
>I mentioned your excel-sheet the other day and kept the todo open to
>check my disk, as I modified/upgraded too.
>Now I see my disk is not yer on this list.
>I am driving a Toshiba MK4025GAS.
>It's about 40 Gigs big, and I particulary noticed it's a very quick
>device. With my unit flashed, it takes about 1,5 to 2 seconds from off
>to resumed play.
>Alas, it's not very quite. Disk spinup when trying to get asleep (my
>unit rests on the bed) sounds like big noise. I planned to get an
>Ondio for my lullaby :-)
>Other details from debug->disk-screen:
>Cluster Size: 32768
>IORDY supported but disabled.
>Cycle time: 120ns/120ns
>PIO: 01234
>Read-ahead: enabled
>Noise mgt: not supported
>Power mgt: enabled
>Spinup time: 1000ms
>Size: 38154 MB
>Firmware: KA100A
>Im you tell me where to get the other details you have in your
>comparison sheet, I'll do, but I am sure you've got your sources :-)
>Well that's all from my side for now.
>Let's rock that box, Manuel

Karl 'the_angry_angel' Southern