Subject: Re: archo jukebox recorder 20gb mic
From: devtrick at (
Date: 2004-10-16

Hello luca,

I got the external mic from Archos. It's the cheapest alternative - if
you don't want to record some HIFI stuff (i paid 23 euro on Amazon). A big disadvantage
is the absence of an ON/OFF switch, means you always have to take out
the battery. You have to connect it on the line-in port and so i think
you can use it for any other device with line-in (standard pegel). The
quality is absolutley ok for voice recording - very sensitive! For
music it sounds a little flat, so i would prefer a line-pegel from the
mixer. The mic could be changed by another (is just plugged in) - i
don't have a different one, so i can't tell about the quality of the
mic-amplifier itself.
A professional solution would become much more expensive (from 100
euro) and is IMHO a bit oversized for the quality of the Archos A/D

lp> Hi...
lp> I just buyed an archo 20gb recorder second hand....
lp> I need to buy a external mic., cause the int. mic records "the harddisk"
lp> spin......
lp> Which kind of mic is good for this arco?
lp> It has to be connected to the line in?

lp> Thanks,
lp> Bye Luca

Best regards,