Subject: Database extended: statistical info
From: Philipp Pertermann (
Date: 2004-10-17

I'd like to throw another topic into the database discussion. I'd really
favor if we could design a database that allows to store statistical
usage info about the song like
- how often it was played
- how often it was skipped
(- maybe a song rating)

That could enable us to generate playlists eg of the least often played
songs on the fly. A real plus.

While it may be easy to provide space for that info it introduces a
couple of nasty problems:

- we will need to _write_ that data on the jukebox (no readonly db any
- we will have to reindex the database - at least concerning these
dynamic infos.

Regarding these problems it might be worth to consider wether we want to
split the data base structure data and index files.