Subject: Re: Database extended: statistical info
From: Laurent Giroud (NekoNoNiaow_at_gmail.com)
Date: 2004-10-17

> > I'd like to throw another topic into the database discussion. I'd really
> > favor if we could design a database that allows to store statistical
> > usage info about the song like
> > - how often it was played
> > - how often it was skipped
> > (- maybe a song rating)
> >
> > That could enable us to generate playlists eg of the least often played
> > songs on the fly. A real plus.
>
> I remember there was some talk awhile back about a patch that would
> generate a logfile of all songs played (and skipped, etc.). Did
> anything ever come of that?

Reading about non-mp3 file access, I wonder if there is some kind of
mecanism on Rockbox that would make sure are done synchronously with
mp3 related hard drive accesses. Would'nt that help reduce energy
consumption ?
I guess that when a mp3 is playing, most file accesses could be
suspended until the next hard drive access by the mp3 player. Has this
already been done ?

Regards,
Laurent