Subject: Re: JBR V2 system hanging (change HDD)
From: Christian Marcks (
Date: 2004-10-18

> --- Christian Marcks <> wrote:
> > when I use my JBR V2 with Rockbox V2.2 (ajz in root) the JBR is
> completely
> > hanging let's say every 2-3 hours - I have to boot again. Almost the
> same
> > problem with the original Archos-firmware.
> >
> > I don't have any clue about dependencies: It happens in every directory,
> at
> > any battery-level,.....
> >
> > Anybody knows about this malfunction and maybe has some explanation or
> even
> > help for avoiding these problems?
> When it freezes, is the red LED on constatly? If it is this is a well
> known
> problem (known as RLD). I believe the only solution is to change from the
> default hitatchi HD to a new one. Also, there have been some bug fixes
> since
> 2.2, so you might want to try a daily build.

In fact red LED is on in this case.

I tried it with several daily builds: no better results. With the original
archos V1.40a firmware: it's less but problems exist also.

Concerning a new HDD (I was thinking about a 80GB): where can I find
informations on "good" HDD's for the Archos JBR V2? In the forum it was
mentioned, that these informations are (to be?) collected in the WIKI, but I
didn't find any.

I heard in the forum that there are differences in rpm's,

Can You give some recommendations for a 80GB-HDD?

> -scott

Dr. Christian Marcks
phone: +49-511/877-4515

+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++ Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: