Subject: Re: Rockbox Digest, Vol 9, Issue 34
From: Kyle McGee (mcgee_kyle_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 2004-10-19

Hello -

I misspoke.. I am indeed using Windows SE and we are
also using a USB printer..

Any more ideas?

Kyle

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:28:48 +0200, Linus Nielsen
Feltzing
<linus_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> Kyle McGee wrote:
>
> > I am now approached with a new (to me) computer
that
> > uses Windows 98. I can't get the drivers to
install
> > properly and it displays an exclamation mark in
the
> > System Control panel and recommends updating my
> > drivers.
>
> AFAIK, there is no USB storage support in Win98,
that came in
Win98SE. I
> think you're out of luck.
>
> But I'm no Windows guru, so let's hope I'm wrong...

My first jukebox (recorder v1 with usb1.1) had those
special drivers
included that worked with _a_ win98. I can't tell you
at the moment is
it was a Win98 or a Win98SE.

Manuel