Subject: RE: 2.3 feature freeze
From: BlueChip (cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net)
Date: 2004-10-19

I believe that Rockbox is still unable to tell whether the latest options
have been saved or not.

The simple solution would be to set up a flag and check this before
shutting down.

Or, imho, default the other way ...how often do you request a shutdown more
than ten seconds after the last disk access and after making a critical
system configuration change?

Personally ...never.

It also means that if your jukebox is dying due to lack of bettery juice -
it will and indeed does cause far more damage to the drive as Rockbox tries
to spin it up again and again and again - failing each time until the
batteries finally give out and turn the unit off for you.

BC