Subject: Re: Connection with Win 98
From: Jürgen Hestermann (juergen.hestermann_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-10-19

> > > Im intrigued by this USB2IDE util ...The standard JB drivers will give you
> > > a letter.
> >Maybe you are right. Now that I think about it, it could also be an external
> >USB hard drive I tried to attach. Either with this hard drive or with the
> >Archos (which should be an external hard drive too) I was prompted to
> >install the USBtoIDE driver, which I did not have at this time. So I searched
> >it on the net and installed it. From then on it worked fine.
> Your experience intrigues me ...from whence did this driver come ...ie. can
> I download a copy from somewhere :)

I don't know where I got it from but if you want
I can send it to you. The archive is named
"UDA200_WIN98V133.ZIP" and contains the
following files:

geneuide.sys
USBMonit.exe
setup.exe
geneuide.inf
genestor.pdr
genedisk.inf
deluidrv.exe
delentry.exe

I think you can still find it on the net,
just search for the file name.

I only installed this driver because Windows told
me that it needs this driver (for whatever reason).
I am not sure whether it was after connecting
the Archos or another hard disk.

Jürgen Hestermann.