Subject: BIG Problems with JBR 20GB
From: Planet77 (
Date: 2004-10-20

I have the Archos JBR 20GB for about 1 1/2 to 2 years, can't remember
I had problems with it, it fell a few times to the ground, and I thought it
was dead, I had no display. I tried it a week ago with usual batteries and
it worked although I had no display, the batteries were good for about 20
minutes then it was dead or the batteries were dead.
Now I have 1900 NiMh batteries and it seem to work again, but I have no
I have two questions, perhaps you can help me...
I have no display. It lights up, but there are no fonts or text. I have 1900
NiMh batteries, is it dangerous to load them for twelve hours or so?? I
can't change the menu with the battery power entry because I cannot see
anything... Arrrggghhh!

It would be 2000% cool if someone could tell me how I could do a file with
settings for the 1900er batteries and some 'fat' bass/loudness and treble
and shuffle play.

Do you think it it is worth going to a electrician to ask if he could fix my
display? (it lights up, but no text) or is it safe to keep the money for my
own f_x... ha ha ha

Hoping and waiting and listening to my old sister archos