Subject: Running off external supply?
From: DavÝ­ Geirsson (davidgeirs_at_gmail.com)
Date: 2004-10-21

Hi,

This is not really rockbox-related, but I guess someone here might know:

I was wondering if anyone had found a decent way to hook an external
power supply to the jukebox recorder instead of batteries? I need to
run it like that temporarily (need to transfer all of the data off the
disk, and then fill it again. Considering how fast the batteries
discharge with the HD spun up, that's not really practical in any
other way).

I was originally just going to connect my bench supply to the battery
poles, but getting to the positive pole is a challenge. I'd prefer not
to have to disassemble my jukebox (and tear off the warranty sticker)
just to find a connection point if I can help it.

Anyway, any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and to the devs: great job with rockbox! I've been running it for
probably around a year now, and it was the reason I bought the
recorder in the first place. :)

Thanks,

--
DavÝ­ Steinn Geirsson