Subject: Re: Database extended: statistical info
From: Noah Smith (midblue_at_carolina.rr.com)
Date: 2004-10-22

"Philipp Pertermann" <philipp.pertermann_at_web.de> wroted:
> I'd like to throw another topic into the database discussion. I'd really
> favor if we could design a database that allows to store statistical
> usage info about the song like
> - how often it was played
> - how often it was skipped
> (- maybe a song rating)
>
> That could enable us to generate playlists eg of the least often played
> songs on the fly. A real plus.

I like this idea a lot. Perhaps it'd also be possible to have a client on
the PC side to read the data and share it elsewhere? Specifically, I'm
thinking about audioscrobbler.com, a very nice music stats, charts, and
tracking system. I know they have very well documented information about
their communication protocols.

--
NoahFrenzy
AFSHAFSHAFSH