Subject: Re: Please test the daily builds! (for upcoming v2.3)
From: Daniel Gudlat (
Date: 2004-10-25

[IDC]Dragon wrote:
> Hello,
> we're on the finishing line for Rockbox v2.3. So if you can and like,
> please help us with heavily using/testing the daily builds. We all
> want a nice "bug-free" release, don't we?

Yes, definitely. I'll download a daily build today and see what I can do.

> I'm a bit startled because e.g. we found so many button quirks which
> nobody reported. That gave me the impression the daily builds are less
> popular than they ought to be.

I can't speak for anyone else, but the problem to me seems to be that
whatever version I'm running right now (Rombox from 2004-08-24, as it
happens) is quite simply "good enough" for what I usually do (meaning
there are no major flaws or quirks that irritate me, and none of the new
features are must-haves, plus I'm only using a small part of all the
functionality that Rockbox offers) that I have not much of an incentive
to upgrade.

> This goes for the Ondio as well, in case anybody has one. The adaptation
> is done, all features in, v2.3 will officially support it.

That's great, although I just can't see myself using something with
considerably less than a few GB's of storage capacity...

Daniel Gudlat