Subject: HD error? Disk not reading properly...

HD error? Disk not reading properly...

From: Svante Tidholm <svante_at_demonbox.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:54:43 +0200

hey all,
my old beauty is not feeling very good, I think. All of a sudden it
cant read from the HD properly. When booting as usual, it hangs just
when its about to load rockbox. The HD makes a repeating pattern of
noises from, something like chuck chuck chuck chuck....chuchuck. You
get it.... eh.

I can get it too show up on a windows machine after booting with F1
pressed, but I cant even start scandisk, since the HD cant give
scandisk enough information to even start scanning.

Correction: after 10-15 minutes of this chucking, scandisk started,
but with this speed the whole scanning will take 24 hours....

Anyone recognize this behaviour?
--
/Svante