Subject: Re: HD error? Disk not reading properly...
From: Mat Holton (mathew.holton_at_surface-inspection.com)
Date: 2004-10-25

I'm not sure, but I sometimes get something similer if I start up the box and inadvertantly jog
it - it makes a quite scary noise that seems consistant with what you are describing (perhaps a faster series
of clicks though).

Maybe it's time for you to upgrade your drive?

-----Original Message-----From: Svante Tidholm <svante_at_demonbox.com>To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>Sent: 25/10/2004 10:54Subject: HD error? Disk not reading properly...hey all,

my old beauty is not feeling very good, I think. All of a sudden it

cant read from the HD properly. When booting as usual, it hangs just

when its about to load rockbox. The HD makes a repeating pattern of

noises from, something like chuck chuck chuck chuck....chuchuck. You

get it.... eh.

I can get it too show up on a windows machine after booting with F1

pressed, but I cant even start scandisk, since the HD cant give

scandisk enough information to even start scanning.

Correction: after 10-15 minutes of this chucking, scandisk started,

but with this speed the whole scanning will take 24 hours....

Anyone recognize this behaviour?

--

/Svante

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die."