Subject: Re: ld: region FLASH is full (when compiling from cvs)
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-10-25

> when I try to compile the current code from cvs (I didn't do so for some
> weeks) for my FMR, I get the following error:
> Build LDS file for Rombox
> LD rombox.elf
> region FLASH is full (/home/ciphelp/rockbox/rockbox-all/build/rombox.elf
> section .rodata)
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [/home/ciphelp/rockbox/rockbox-all/build/rombox.elf] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ciphelp/rockbox/rockbox-all/apps'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> Does anyone have an idea what the reason is?

Yes, it means not enough space to run Rockbox uncompressed from flash ROM,
in case of the FMR. We call that mode RomBox, see:
In essence, it gains about 150 kB of RAM by not having code and constant
data there, but in flash ROM.

> And how to fix it?

No fix, you have to stick with flashing compressed .ucl's. Or you
"downflash" your FMR into a V2 to make room (smaller Archos firmware), which
is practically no disadvantage. See the article.

Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Ausgaben der TV Movie mit DVD
++++ Jetzt anmelden und testen ++++