Subject: Re: Use of F2, F3
From: BlueChip (
Date: 2004-10-25

I still like the old idea (as usual with me, I'm not sure who to attribute
it to) of using F2 as a context sensitive menu, and F3 as a use
configurable menu (or was it the other way around?)

The "on+play" is a good idea (albeit, imho, a bad key choice, maybe
"ON+F3"?) but definitively it will need to written to a config file for
portability (upgradeability) so we can always do this via a config file at
first and add the "ON+PLAY" idea at a later point?

The problem was allegedly a dilemma on causing recursion and overflowing
the stack. Eg. F3-Radio, F3-Radio, F3-Radio (maybe an oversimplified
example, but it gets the point across well enough)

I am still sure I have a simple solution to this - but I have never managed
to successfully explain it ...I'll give it another go:

The custom menu should NOT call ANY functions, simply return a value to the
menu control function to tell IT where to go - thus, you never actually
recurse at all :)