Subject: Re: Use of F2, F3
From: Christian Marcks (christian.marcks_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-10-26

> BlueChip wrote:
> > The problem was allegedly a dilemma on causing recursion
>
> No, the problem is that there are about as many opinions about what the
> menus should contain as there are people using Rockbox. And totally
> user-configurable context menus require adding massive amounts of code,
which we
> want to avoid.
>
> --
> Björn

So my idea was not to write big amounts of code but only a sort of makro (in
a kind of config-file), so that everytime You press F2 or F3 the Archos
jumps to that menu-item You have defined before in the F1-Menu.

Example:
Step1: Press F1 (Main-Menu), go to Sounds, go to Loudness, Press the
key-combination for saving the configuration (maybe ON+F2 or ON+F3, if You'd
like to have this Menu-item on F2 or F3)
-> a config-file will be written for F2 (or F3)
Step2: Press F2, the config-file will be read and the Menu-item "Loudness"
will be displayed.
That's all (???) hard to do? Sorry I'm not a programmer!

Krischan

Dr. Christian Marcks
phone: +49-511/877-4515

+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++ Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl