Subject: Re: Germany: Cheap batteries (accumulators)
From: Manuel Dejonghe (limbus_at_gmail.com)
Date: 2004-10-28

eBay is always an option to me to get cheap rechargeables.

If you're lucky with auctions like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5726603922

get big sets, so the shipment costs (here 5,95) does not spoil it.
I bought several times such high capacity batteries for less than 1
euro piece (shipment included).
For the batts I did not need immediately, I was always able to find
some private buyers within the friends of mine. Bargain !
There are plenty of such offers, always mind the shipment costs !

About quality: I've been much more happy with some cheap noname brands
than with some big big expensive manufacturers. And I learned (mainly
in the irc-channel) that the way you charge the batteries is very
important. I bought a charger that is able to handle those batteries
one by one, not in pairs, what may cause some problems. The charger
furthermore is able to reanimate old batteries and so on.

regards, manuel