Subject: Welcome back...
From: Bradley Alexander (
Date: 2004-11-01

Thank you. I was beginning to think that I was the only one
isolated...Welcome back, Rockbox crew...

Have a question. I have a Recorder-20, and I just downloaded Rockbox 2.3 for
it. I just programmed the flash (clicking on rockbox.flash yields
"Incompatible version", you have to click on the ucl file.

Currently, the <F1> slot in memory is running 2.2, and the default slot has
2.3. If, after I test it out, is it possible to load 2.3 in the <F1> slot as
well? I remember reading when I first flashed that loading the <F1> slot was
a one-time-only operation. (But it also said that you could restore the
archos firmware...Not that I can see any case where I would ever want to do

Also, what exactly is rombox? I read the page on, but can't quite
get my brain around what it is and how it interacts with the normal flashing

Bradley M. Alexander                       |
IA Analyst, SysAdmin, Security Engineer    |   storm [at]
Debian/GNU Linux Developer                 |   storm [at]
Key fingerprints:
DSA 0x54434E65: 37F6 BCA6 621D 920C E02E  E3C8 73B2 C019 5443 4E65
RSA 0xC3BCBA91: 3F 0E 26 C1 90 14 AD 0A  C8 9C F0 93 75 A0 01 34
Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at.
      --Murphy's Laws of Combat