Subject: RE: Loose contacts
From: Stuart Tedford (stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk)
Date: 2004-11-01

> Anyhow, ever since, it's been even *more* sensitive to being squeezed,
> and power cycles this way more often than it used to. Does anyone know
> where the particularly weak points in the design are and any way of
> strengthening the connections?

I had the same thing last time I upgraded the HD, it is no fun at all. But
the fix is quite easy and is described here
http://www.rockbox.org/docs/repairbattery.html

It happens when you take the JB apart, the solder joints break, unless you
are extremely careful when you remove the rubber bumpers etc. I fixed mine
by applying a little more solder to the inside of the joints (from the
battery side) and it is working properly again and has survived a second
diss/assemble cycle since then too!

Stu.