Subject: RE: Loose contacts
From: Stuart Tedford (
Date: 2004-11-01

> Anyhow, ever since, it's been even *more* sensitive to being squeezed,
> and power cycles this way more often than it used to. Does anyone know
> where the particularly weak points in the design are and any way of
> strengthening the connections?
I had the same thing last time I upgraded the HD, it is no fun at all. But
the fix is quite easy and is described here

It happens when you take the JB apart, the solder joints break, unless you
are extremely careful when you remove the rubber bumpers etc. I fixed mine
by applying a little more solder to the inside of the joints (from the
battery side) and it is working properly again and has survived a second
diss/assemble cycle since then too!