Subject: corrupt files on my HD
From: rinty (
Date: 2004-11-02

HI all, I've just installed a new 80GB hard disk in my FM recorder.
I've been using it for a week or 2, however in filling it this
evening, I appear to have copied 2 directories, which have corrupted
on the way. The MP3 generator won't work, as it can't read the file,
and I can't delete the files. I've tried moving them to another hard
disk, with no success. The prompt I get is that the file "loads of
broken bar and other odd symbols" is corrupt, and that it can't be
moved, deleted, or whatever I'm trying to do. I'd really rather like
to get rid of the 2 directories without having to reformat my hard
disk in the Archos, as I'm not sure how I could reformat the drive as
a single 80GB partition, in FAT32, as I'm using XP.

Oh, I don't have Norton, as it doesn't, or didn't, work very well with
the speech and braille output software that I use.

Thanks very much for any help,

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (