Subject: Re: confused
From: Manuel Dejonghe (limbus_at_gmail.com)
Date: 2004-11-02

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:08:36 -0500, Lyman Green <lymang_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, I'm confused.
> I downloaded RB 2.3, and put it on my V2 Recorder, but I can see that
> the firmware is still 2.2 whenever I turn the unit on. I have to load
> the ajbrec.ajz to get 2.3 to actually load. I was able to
> successfully flash the firmware before, but looking now at the
> documentation section (the only current way to find the flashing
> instructions as far as I can see, and I think there should be a
> better/clearer link on the main page) and re-reading the flashing the
> firmware instructions I think I need an updated file to get the 2.3 on
> my firmware. Or do I?
> <sigh> I am not an idiot, at least not usually, but my brain is misfiring.
>
> Can anyone please help?

If you flashed before, it will always start the flashed version (that
is 2.2), and not what's on the hard drive. Only the original software
loads updates from the hdd.
So start as ususal, execute the new ajz-file, then reflash you unit
"playing" the newer rombox.ucl / rockbox.ucl. (Pressing F1 during
start will load the original software that, after bloody years of
To be sure to have all files up to date (ajz, ucl, plugins, fonts,
...) take the zip-archive and completely uncompress all files to your
unit.

regards, Manuel