Subject: Running from external supply (round 2)
From: DavÝ­ Geirsson (davidgeirs_at_gmail.com)
Date: 2004-11-02

Hey,

Once again I'm trying to run my jbr from an external power supply. The
problem now is that when I apply power, the unit turns on, I get the
rockbox splash screen, but then the disk makes a repeating clicking
noise (as if it's trying to spin up, and failing). I've heard of
similar problems related to bad batteries, but I'm wondering what I
could be doing wrong?

The supply is a generic bench supply, 0-30V 2A, so it should be able
to source much more current than the jukebox needs. It's overload
light also does not come on. The amp meter jumps from ~100mA to ~500mA
with every attempted spinup.

Anyway, any ideas would be appreciated. This unit works just fine from
batteries.

Thanks!

--
DavÝ­ Steinn Geirsson