Subject: RE: corrupt files on my HD
From: Stuart Tedford (stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk)
Date: 2004-11-02

> Windows xp can definatly do that with 80gb fat32.

I don't know where you got your version of XP, but this dosen't work on the
Windows XP I use! It only allows you to choose to format as NTFS on a
partition over 30GB.

This is apparantly a limitation imposed by microsoft because their dodgey
implementation of FAT32 on big partitions, though I've never had a problem
with it.

I think I remember someone saying you can use a DOS prompt to format without
that limitation under XP... but I could have been dreaming... time to go
home.

Stu.