Subject: Re: Running from external supply (round 2)
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-11-02

> The supply is a generic bench supply, 0-30V 2A, so it should be able
> to source much more current than the jukebox needs. It's overload
> light also does not come on. The amp meter jumps from ~100mA to ~500mA
> with every attempted spinup.

The supply might be strong enough, but the current perhaps has a long way.
The resistance of the wires and the contacs, plus the inductance of the
cables may prevent fast enough response. Also you should try adding a
capacitor right at the box. I have experienced the same kind of problems.

NEU +++ DSL Komplett von GMX +++
GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergŘnstigen Komplett-Preis!