Subject: Disk spin down on USB, revisited.
From: Stuart Tedford (stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk)
Date: 2004-11-09

I can now confirm that disk spindown when connected to USB works for my new
Fujitsu MHU2100AT 100GB disk in my V1R. I remember Joerg always reported
that his JB spun down after a period of inactivity when connected via USB to
his win XP PC, he has a Fujitsu disk. I used to have toshiba disks
(MK6022GAX and MK8026GAX) which never spun down. Now that I too have a
Fujitsu disk, it spins down after 20 seconds of inactivity on USB, yay. I
used hdparm under knopix to set the spindown time.

Just thought I'd let the list know my findings and clear up any confusion,
especially since 100GB disks are now more readily available, and more people
will be thinking about upgrading as lower capacity disk prices, (and
broadband internet prices) continue to fall ;-)

Stu.