Subject: iRiver Optical Input (was: Re: OT: Cheapest iRivers?)

iRiver Optical Input (was: Re: OT: Cheapest iRivers?)

From: Dave Chapman <>
Date: 2004-11-16 wrote:
> In the UK, for example. has H120 for 199 and 20GB iPod for
> 207. And of course the iRiver is also better.
> Yes, the iRiver has a line in (as well as a line out, and optical in and
> out too)

To the people (Linus?) who are familar with the hardware of the iRiver,
do you know the capabilities of the optical input in the iRiver?

i.e. which sample rates and sample sizes does it support, and are those
limits a feature of the hardware or the current firmware?

Or can someone point me in a direction where I could investigate this.