Subject: Re: Rockbox Digest, Vol 10, Issue 19

Re: Rockbox Digest, Vol 10, Issue 19

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2004-11-16

> >I disagree. On the Archos, the "heavy lifting" is done by the MAS codec
> and
> >the USB bridge. We live quite well with it. These parts are black boxes
> >us, in effect similar to those libraries.
>
> Both of which come with each and every Jukebox sold. The TI library comes
> as part of a very expensive development system. Your point is?

No, the TI libraries are included in what Neuros (is that the name of the
company, too?) distributes. But you still need that commercial compiler.

There are many open source projects for Windows which require the MSVC
development system, close to $1000. A free compiler is no prerequisite, but
sure it helps a lot.

Sorry for your other unpleasant encounter with that company. I was just
seeing that they published all they have in hand. But the platform is not
the most suitable, to put it modest.

By publishing the TI libraries they may have already done more than they're
allowed to, if TI sells those. The comments in the headers indicate such.

Jörg

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Top-Spielfilme auf DVD
++ Jetzt kostenlos testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++