Subject: Re: witch hd player?

Re: witch hd player?

From: Manuel Dejonghe <limbus_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2004-11-17

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:33:29 +0100, Carl-Pieter van den Hazel
<cpvdhazel@planet.nl> wrote:
> Manual,
>
> Can you or otherone gives me types of archos models with a hd titch works
> with rockbox. And pleas can you give links then on witch pages a directly
> can read the specs of the possible hd players. So i read in the reactions
> about the things ar not possible, bu i will types of archos players witch
> have a hd and on witch can install rockbox. Then I can by reading the specs
> choose the for me best player. I wil with the player record meetings and
> music with a external mic and ofcourse play music :)

Hi, I'll try to get it the most blind-users-friendly way.

You mentioned FM-tuner the other day. There is only ONE device having
Radio and HD. This is the Archos Recorder FM. (We got several
abbreviations, such as FMREC, ...) The Ondio have sometimes radio, but
never a hd.
If you don't mind to drop the radio functionality, you got a full
range of devicec beeing able to run rockbox:
Archos Jukebox 5000 OR 6000 OR Studio OR Recorder.
last last one (Recorder) has a great display, which _may_ be of full
unintrest for you.
But only the recorders can record. Sounds familiar, eh ?
So go for a recorder (old recorder, recorder v1) for a fm or for a
newer recorder (v2)

Hope that cleared it up a small bit, Manuel