Subject: RE: witch hd player?

RE: witch hd player?

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: 2004-11-17

At 23:19 16/11/2004, you wrote:
> > >Is here anybody who use a hd mp3player with works with rockbox? Witch of
> > >these players can record in wave format?
> > >
> > None ...yet.
> >
> > But the Recorders do high quality mp3's, not 128K fraunhoffer rubbish.
> >
> > Even if we did get WAV recording to work on the Recorders, the poor audio
> > circuitry would add more crap than MP3 compression ...these things are not
> > pro quality recorders.
>
>Confused... if poor audio circuitry (A/D convertors, etc) adds crap
>to pure uncompressed PCM audio, then how could using MP3 compression
>on the same crap PCM audio be better quality?
>
>I'd *love* to have PCM recording capabilities on my Recorder..
>
>Gary

Using MP3 will (obviously?) not improve the sound, but I suggest that if
you want a purer recording, the way ahead would be to move away from the
Archos unit, as it is not a professional or 'purists' device.

May I ask what benefits you see to pcm recording? Not that I doubt you
have them, just that I can't think of any and would like your insights here
:) ...wav playback, yes. wav recording, no!?

BC