Subject: Red LED of doom

Red LED of doom

From: DavÝ­ Geirsson <>
Date: 2004-11-18

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this problem:

Occasionally my recorder will stop playing, with the HD spun up and
the red LED on constant. It will stay that way until shut off (by
holding OFF). I'm not sure if this is a rockbox problem or a hardware
problem though.

I do remember though that this was a bit different with older releases
(was running a daily from a few months back until recently), in that I
was able to access some of the menus, and the play/pause button
changed the icon in the status bar from the play to the pause symbol
(though nothing really changed, other than that). At least, I'm
guessing it's the same problem. Could be seperate though.

Anyway, I figured someone here might know what this is.

DavÝ­ Steinn Geirsson
Reykjavik, Iceland
+354 8696608